Who knew??

Most people would say that most country songs are about beer, women, whisky and pickup trucks.  Ok, I agree, a lot are. But some of my favorite country artists and songs aren't my favorite because they write about things like that. In my opinion, a lot of country music has references to faith. Those are my favorite. I like knowing that some of my favorite people are fellow believers and that someday I will get to meet them in heaven. And I also like to know that they aren't afraid to sing about what they believe. Here are just a few lyrics from some awesome artists:

"And he bowed his head to Jesus and he stood for Uncle Sam. And he only loved one woman; was always proud of what he has..." -Alan Jackson, "Small Town Southern Man"

"But when I get where I'm going and see my Maker's face, I'll stand forever in the light of His Amazing Grace." -Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton, "When I Get Where I'm Going"

"Cowgirl don't cry. Ride, baby, ride. Lessons in life show us all in time. Too soon God will let you know why. If you fall get right back on. The Good Lord calls everybody home, cowgirl, don't cry." -Brooks & Dunn and Reba McEntire, "Cowgirls Don't Cry"

"New believers getting baptized; Mama's hands raised up high; Having a halleluiah good time, a smile on everybody's face. That's what I love about Sunday." -Craig Morgan, "What I love about Sunday"

"Waging war against my sins. It's been a while since I talked to him. I keep a Bible by my bed but it's been a while since it's been read. And I don't know why I've let things go this far." -Eli Young Band, "Guardian Angel"

"I believe the Bible is cold, hard fact. And I believe that Jesus is coming back before she does." -Eric Church, "Before She Does"

"On the day I die, I know where I'm gonna go; Me and Jesus got that part worked out. I'll wait at the gates til His face I see, and stand in a long line of sinners like me." -Eric Church, "Sinners Like Me"

 "But there's victory in the Lord I say. Victory in the Lord! Cling to Father and His holy name and don't go riding on that long black train. That Devil's a-driving that long black train." -Josh Turner, "Long Black Train"

 "There ain't nothing that can't be done by me and God. Aint nobody gonna come between me and God. One day we'll live together where the angels trod, me and God." -Josh Turner, "Me and God"

 "We learned in Sunday School who made the sun shine through. I know who made the moon shine, too, back where I come from." -Kenny Chesney, "Back Where I Come From"

"One Sunday I listened to the preacher and I knew he was preaching to me. I couldn't help it; I walked up front and I got down on my knees. Right then and there, I swear, I changed when I found the Lord. Glory! Halleluiah! Good God Almighty! I never wanted nothing more." -Kenny Chesney, "Never Wanted Nothing More"

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." -Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment