Celebrate good times, come on!

Twenty-two years ago yesterday, the world became a better place. A little boy was born that would grow up to be an incredibly smart, witty man who would inevitably sweep me off my feet! That's right, it was Corey's birthday today, and it was a day filled with lots of fun (and good food!).

The celebration started a little after midnight when I got off work. Corey decided he was gonna pick me up so I didn't have to walk home in the dark (my bike tires are flat!!). So when he was dropping me off I said, well, technically it's your birthday now, and the whole day is gonna be filled with activities, so how bout you get your present now? So we sat in the living room and he got to open his gift from me (...I was sooo excited!).

First, the card. I'm pretty sure it's one of the best cards I've ever found. On the outside it said, "Happy birthday to the golfer! You won't have any problems blowing out your candles..." And on the inside it said, "Because you've had lots of practice!" The picture is of a golfer with the ball right at the hole but he's blowing on it to get it to go in!! Ha! I thought it was the greatest. I think he kinda liked it, too.

 
   
Now time for the present!
 
The present? A whole shaving kit. The new Gillette Fusion Power razor, which is like a regular razor but pulsates or something to make it a better shave...some extra cartridges, and a Neutrogena shaving set: a face scrub that helps the face before shaving, special shaving cream to minimize bumps and stuff, and then after-shave lotion. I love when he has a clean face! But sometimes he complains about how it either doesn't work or his face gets all yucky from the razor. So hopefully this helps! Look at that scruffy face!
 
 

So then Corey left for the night. The plan for Sunday morning was as follows: church, volleyball game, and supper at Corey's grandparents' house. Should have known... my activities never go as planned. Church starts at 11, so we usually leave between 10:30-10:40. Corey, not surprisingly, gave me the job of calling him to wake him up. That was supposed to be at 9:45. However, I woke up to a text message shortly after 9 saying they had all-house cleaning for some high importance meeting. He didn't even get done cleaning until like 10:30 or so. So obviously there wasn't much time for him to get ready and get to church.

So, instead I cooked Corey a birthday breakfast (not breakfast in bed...he had to come to my apartment, ha!). I made sausage, scrambled eggs (cooked in the same pan as the sausage...mmmm!), milk and toast! It was so good.

Then we hung out for a while until it was time for the volleyball game. It was a little frustrating trying to get to the game. First, the traffic in town was crazy! Apparently everyone and their brother was headed to the game! We finally found a place to park (apparently there's an Indian center not too far from the Devaney!) but Corey and I ordered student tickets over the phone, so we had the option to pick them up at the Ticket Office or just at the will-call (??) place when we got to the game. Long story short, we walked to the lower level entrance, they told us to go up to the main entrance. At the main entrance we were told to go to the lower entrance on the OTHER side of the building. So we started walking but couldn't figure out how to get there because everything was fenced off. So we went back to where we originally started, and they decided they would escort us (awesome!!) to where we needed to be. So we got to walk through all the "employee only" shortcuts to get our tickets. So finally we had them and we were at our seats.

The game was pretty good; definitely interesting. We were real close to winning, but didn't pull it off.
   
After the volleyball game, we headed to Corey's grandparents' house for supper. She is such a great cook! We had sandwiches and corn on the cob and fries and watermelon! And then for dessert we had peaches and ice cream...Corey's favorite. Then we headed back to drop me off at my apartment and for him to get Catie's present! Her card was awesome. The front said "MILD, MILD WEST" and had a group of cowboys with their guns ready to ride out and the leader said, "Alright posse, before we head out, does everyone have their chap stick?" It's real funny if you know Corey because he NEVER goes anywhere without his chap stick.

Catie's present? A bottle of Amaretto (his new favorite drink, apparently) and a brand new (better smelling) car freshener. His orange citrus one was a little silly. We like the new one better. Whether he uses it, who knows.
 
It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment