While I still think Summer 2008 was my best summer just because I did way more stuff, but when it comes to quality, Summer 2009 was awesome.
First, Corey was working in Coffeyville, Kansas for a John Deere internship. Coffevyille is on the Kansas/Oklahoma border (6 hrs away!!) so not too long after he left, I went to visit him for a weekend. We decided to take a trip into Oklahoma to go boating. Keystone Lake appeared to be the perfect option, so we rented a ski boat and a tube and went 2 hours away with his roommate, Matt, and Kristen (both John Deere summer interns).
Corey and I were the first to jump in the water. Needless to say, we should have waited for our sunscreen to soak in. We were completely fried by the end of the day. Oh well. I got a decent tan from it.
Then, toward the middle of the summer, Corey's fraternity had a rush event in the Sandhills of Nebraska. There's this thing called tanking. It's awesome. Basically, take huge stock tanks, put a few lawn chairs in em, a few coolers (if you're legal...) and float your way down a winding river. Sound silly? Try it, you'll love it.I don't even know how many tanks were on the river that day, but I'm sure there was at least 100 people altogether. Most were completely drunk, which was annoying, but it was fun nevertheless.
So then it was back to the real world. I went to visit my family, so here's a random picture of my mama :)
Then came the trip. THE TRIP.
Eric Church. The most amazing country singer to walk to earth :) And Catie and I got to drive to Coffeyville to see him (well, and Corey too I guess..)
Here we are ready to see our favorite guy ever!
But first we got to see Eli Young Band perform. They're coming to East Campus in like 2 weeks!
The following photos are of my favorite country man ever :)
Love him :)

No comments:
Post a Comment